Thursday, March 06, 2008

Short Attention Span Theater

Blogs are too long.

Emails are too infrequent.

I need to know what's going on in every minute of everyone's life.

Everyone needs to know what's going on in every minute of my life.

Here comes Twitter.

As if idk and brb and bff and lol weren't short enough...

We've lost the fine art of communication. The sitting down and taking time to talk about this, that and the other.

I had that opportunity for a couple of hours the other day to do just that with some dear friends. My wife and I met them when we first moved to Redding. We house-sat for them, they baby-sat our kids, we've spent a number of Thanksgiving's at their home and my wife helps her out with their bookkeeping. Even though they are 20 years older than us and a different generation, those two hours went by so slow they seemed to be over in a minute. And it was pleasurable. Even though I had to leave to make another appointment and run errands, it was relaxing to sit and talk...about nothing and everything.

Don't twitter away your life on-line. ;-)

Eric

No comments: