Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ramblings

Eye doctor appointments. Right up there with dentist appointments. I'm a wuss. I hate going to either of them because they hurt. I have sensitive teeth and the scraping and poking at the dentist just drives me nuts! I don't like things touching my eyes so the glaucoma test and the gooey, yellow eye drops (which look like the buttery substance that Jolly Time popcorn puts in their "Blast O' Butter" popcorn...the best microwave popcorn on the market!), just stings...for hours....

Going to sim training on the King Air 90 in Oct. Back to Dallas/Ft. Worth airport for a week. Oct 1. thru Oct 7. Too bad the Cowboys are on the road both weekends or I'd go a day earlier or stay a day later and catch a game at Dallas Stadium before it's gone...

A friend sent me a book. It's about what I've been going through for the last couple of years; emotionally, mentally, physically, socially. All the aspects of life. I swore I'd never go through this as I was a pretty well-balanced person, or so I thought. Turns out God likes to take us through things we think we won't or don't have to go through just to show us that we can go through them. It's my goal to come out of this on the otherside a better man. My friend said the book reduced him to tears from page one. I made it to page fifty before it tore me apart. Not that pages 1 through 49 weren't hard-hitting, I'm just a little more rebellious and mulish when it comes to what's wrong with me. Probably why I don't like dentist or eye doctor appointments...

I cranked out two more chapters in my second novel. No, the first one hasn't been published and it languishes on the "G" drive as we speak. I get this way everytime I go into Barnes and Nobles and think, "Gee...all these books and I can write as good as most of these authors. Maybe I should give it a try?" Then the fear of failure rears it's ugly head and I buy a book (or two) to lose myself in for a while...

Another summer nearly gone. It's making a last gasp here in Redding. Supposed to be anywhere from 102 to 104 over the next day or two then by Friday, either 66 and rain or 76 and the possibility of rain. Now comes the seasonal battle between Summer and Fall. Fall usually loses and gets to spend a week in town then it's Winter. Spring has the same problem. It lasts only a week and loses to Summer! Still, another Summer gone and no boat and no motorcycle. When's it my turn to play again???

Eric

2 comments:

Kari said...

So what is htis book that turns guys to mush?
Hey you didn't miss my Birthday...It isn't until the 15th. So you can wish my happy Birthday again. ( I take all I can get being so far away form the country where birthday's are important days.)

Eric said...

As a nearly 26 year old female, the book would probably bore you...

It's called, "Men in Midlife Crisis". Yup...a mild case of MLC. No, I haven't unbuttoned my shirt to my navel, bought any gold chains, haven't dumped the wife for a newer model and I still don't own a motorcycle!! ;)

It's part of some on-going therapy to fix some of the screwed-upness of my childhood and dealing with some ADHD issues I've had since childhood. Life's a process, a journey, an over-one-hill-only-to-see-many-more kinda thing. Fortunately my kids seem to have raised in a much better atmosphere than I and don't have the added baggage of ADD!

And Happy Birthday!!

Eric