Friday, December 05, 2008

Ever Have One of Those Weeks?

Like this week.

Sunday: We were putting up Christmas decorations and while climbing the ladder into the attic I rammed my head into the edge of the opening into the attic. 20 minutes later, I fell off of said ladder, got my legs entangled in the braces and fell. Fortunately, the ground broke my fall.

Then the wife and I got into a big fight. She slept on the couch.

Monday: Realized my UI bennies were cut off. Needed to get an extension. Spent three days trying to get a hold of a live human being to find out what was what. Finally just reapplied on line.

Tuesday: Felt a little cold coming on. Wound up sleeping in the easy chair all night so as not to choke on my own snot.

Wednesday: Felt like crap in the morning. Medicated myself with over-the-counter stuff in the cupboard. Felt better so I went to church to run sound. About half way through the message, I felt the cold hit my chest. Started coughing. Slept on the easy chair again as I was coughing all night. Hacked up some good green and yellow lung cheese.

Thursday: Felt like crap warmed over all day. Over medicated myself on the OTC stuff and some prescription antibiotics I found that I hadn't used earlier in the year. Lost my voice too. I'm supposed to announce the Christmas Parade on Saturday night. Don't think that's going to happen.

Friday: Today spent 2 hours in the walk-in clinic. Like I guessed, I have an upper respitory infection. That explains the nice green and yellow lung cheese I've been hacking up. I've been waiting 2.5 hours for the pharmacy at Walgreen's to fill my prescriptions. Not that I have any money to pay for all this. Plastic is a wonderful thing right now.

I need a job.

Eric

No comments: