Saturday, January 13, 2007

I Do My Best Thinking in the Shower...

...and on the pot.

Seems the bathroom is where most of us have a lot of time to spare. We can come up with all kinds of things as we go through those autonomous motions and actions associated with cleaning and...well...pooping.

I'm not the only one.

Scott Adams of "Dilbert" fame has these moments too.

I also have my best ideas in the shower, but only if I have my backside toward the showerhead to experience the soothing, warm water. If I’m facing the spray, my brain can’t think of anything but “the water is tickling my wiener.” As soon as I turn around, I’m wondering how many observed natural phenomena can be explained by assuming the universe is shaped like a donut with a black hole in the center. See the difference?


( Scott Adams' Blog ) (HT to BHT)

Now the part about "tickling my weiner." had me chuckling...then snickering...then laughing. How true!

I also do my best thinking when I'm driving. Especially long distances. I used to drive from Redding to Oakland every Sunday night then Oakland to Redding every Friday night for about 3 years. It was always late at night, 10 to about 1 am. Did a lot of thinking during those long drives. Preached sermons in my head. Taught Sunday School lessons in my head. Argued politics, apologetics, rocked out to loud, rock and roll (mainly to stay awake). But I always have my best ideas in the shower.

Or on the pot...

Eric

No comments: