Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Parenthood

The folks over at the BHT have been talking about parenting lately. It's been on my mind a lot since my son turned 13 a year ago. He's 14 now and he's expressing himself quite a bit lately. Unfortunately, I, nor his mother, are too wild about his expressions. We've been pretty generous with allowing him to develop into who he'll be. We restrict certain movies, books, songs, TV shows that we deem are inappropriate for him. He usually agrees but lately he's been wanting to know more about the "why". I don't think he likes my answers but he understands them. (I usually say that it's my job to protect him from things he shouldn't be seeing at his age regardless of what his friends get to see/do/hear. I tell him it's my job to train him to be able to discern what is good and right and noble and perfect.)

Sharon Waters over at the BHT has kids that are either out of the house or just about out of the house. She has a pretty good insight into what she should have done better. Of course...we all have those days!

Check it out. Sharon on Parenting.

Eric

No comments: