Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Cultural Creative

One of the things the internet is good for is quizzes. Those funny tests where you answer a series of questions that, no matter what you pick, has already been skewed a certain way. I love taking these things and messing with the results. I can be anything from a strict, anal-retentive, ultra-calvinistic christian to a pseudo-intellectual, post-modern agnostic.

The latest of these to pop up on the World Weird Web is this one...http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320 (HT to BHT)

Here's how I scored...


You scored as Cultural Creative.
Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative - 63%
Fundamentalist - 38%
Postmodernist - 38%
Idealist - 31%
Existentialist - 31%
Romanticist - 25%
Modernist - 19%
Materialist - 13%

Which, if I interpret this correctly, I'm leaning towards agnosticism. Truly, I thought it would come out more along the lines of Fundamentalist; which is #2 on the hit parade.

When my wife and I were going through pre-marital counseling we had to take the Taylor-Johnson Temperment Analysis. Another couple we knew had taken it and Dan told me that it was just too tempting to skew. The TJTA is supposed to be taken twice. First time you merely give knee-jerk, initial reactions. The second time you thoughtfully consider what your future mate would answer. As I was taking it I had to suppress the same tendency Dan had to skew it drastically. Our Pastor was concerned that if there were ever a time when both my wife to be and I were depressed or down, we may explode our marriage.

Hasn't happened.

Neither have the other things we were warned about happened. We've had our ups and downs. We had more fights in the first 6 months of my son's life than we did in the previous four years. Amazing what kind of stress an infant can put on you! Eventually, we talk things out and our love for one another overcomes any troubles that brew. We both take time to step back and re-evaluate our behaviour and modify it out of love...sometimes guilt, but mostly out of love!

Eric ;)

No comments: